[mrtg] Re: monitoring mailserver

William Schwartz WSchwartz at apz-applied.com
Mon Apr 24 14:59:19 MEST 2000

MRTG does in fact have a way to check mailstats. Go download
"mrtg-mailstat". I had it running for a while on one of my Linux boxes
without many problems. There are notes on how to get it to work. I have NO
idea if there is support for Solaris...

cfgmaker, I believe, is only for making a generic cfg file for monitoring
performance on an interface. It would not be able to generate a cfg file for
the mailstats. You need to make a specific cfg file "by hand".

Otherwise, if you are having problems getting MRTG to run on NT, there is a
FAQ on the mrtg site that helps. (I've only run it from Linux).

GL.
will