[mrtg] simple (?) snmp question...

Jim Jones, Jr. jimslists at arcomcontrols.com
Fri Apr 21 04:43:35 MEST 2000

The company that I work for manufactures pci and isa bus boards.  They are
for digital I/O... for more info on the one that I am talking about, see the
link below...

We have Windows NT drivers for these boards, but now we have a customer that
wants to receive snmp traps from this board depending on the I/O.

We have no idea where to start.  The most that I know of snmp is what I do
with MRTG, that is, monitor the bandwidth usage of our router.

Could someone point us in the right direction, whether it is to documents
(other than the RFCs, we've read those), or offer your consulting services.

Thanks very much,

Jim Jones
Network Engineer
Arcom Control Systems, Inc.

Here is the link to the board in question:
http://www.arcomcontrols.com/products/icp/pcisabus/PCO24.htm