[mrtg] Re: Few Questions

Kruepke lister at kruepke.com
Tue Apr 25 15:46:39 MEST 2000

Markus,

About question (1):  Renaming the files will do the trick, if you change the name of the target (the name being the part in [] in the config file: Target[router.1]).  What I do is name the targets using a logical name, rather than the default created by cfgmaker.  So in this case, I sould have a target like this: Target[router.serial0] or Target[router.acct_lan].  This way if you move an interface, or it changes to a new OID after a reload of the router, the names stay the same.  Then you wouldn't have to worry about renaming files.

About questions (2):  I know this one came up recently and should be in the archives.  Go to http://buckaroo.xo.com/MRTG/ for Matt Petach's MRTG helpers.  One of them will zero out sections of a log file that you specify.  This will resolve the problem of the straight line in the graph.  If you want this behavior to be permanent, use the 'Options[_]: unknaszero' command in the config file.  This will make unknown points on the graphs go to zero.

Keith