[mrtg] Re: question about SNMP on Server

Fragmeister fragmeister at 3dgameforce.com
Thu Apr 27 07:53:18 MEST 2000

I am new to this and own a dedicated server which is hosted by a company who
uses this meter and I have a few questions wondering if this meter is 100%
accurate since I have been getting a very high bandwidth bill lately and can
not see how my sites are doing all of this.. I looked over my stats and it
does not match up to the amount of bandwidth my host is telling me and I
want to know how good this program really is and if there is a chance it
could be wrong?

Has anyone ever got a false reading from it? Like anything on the market ,
there is always that possibility of it not measuring properly and this may
be that time, but only where I get stuck with the damn bill. I want to find
out if there is something I can do on my end to watch this traffic and
compare it to what my host is saying.. Can I install this meter without
being at the routers? This way I can compare to what they show and see if
they are bull crapping me..

Anyway, your help is appreciated,

Thanks!