[mrtg] Re: RRDTool

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 1 01:42:49 MEST 2000

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [mrtg] Re: RRDTool:

*> So it's pretty obvious to me that what's happening is MRTG is taking the
*> outbound/inbound bytes and passing it directly to RRD after multiplying
*> by 8 but before doing the difference between this one and the last one
*> and dividing by the time frame. This is fine, except RRD isn't doing the
*> work either apparently. I would have suspected that this math would have
*> either been done by MRTG or by 14all.cgi when it calls RRDTool to make
*> the graph.

use rrdtool info on the rrd file to make sure that your data
sources are set to type COUNTER ... if they are not, use
rrdtool tune to change the type to COUNTER

tobi
*>
*> Any thoughts?
*>