[mrtg] moving mrtg on another box

Giovanni Gimelli ggimelli at libero.it
Fri Aug 11 16:15:34 MEST 2000

I've installed mrtg on a new linuxbox. I've copied on it the workdir
relative to a cfg file of mrtg running on another linuxbox and
configured apache and cron on the new one.
On both the machines  I've installed  gd -1.8.2-1 and mrtg 2.8.12-2.
But when I start mrtg, I obtain the message:

/usr/bin//rateup: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/bin//rateup:
undefined
 symbol: gdImageGif

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 127 when doing router 'rete51'
 code was 32512, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
 you should probably investigate the cause. :-)

where rete 51 is a target and the message continue as above for the
other targets.
Can anyone help me?  Thank you .
Gio