[mrtg] "include" in mrtg.cfg?

Roisman, Dani DRoisman at station.sony.com
Tue Aug 15 18:18:22 MEST 2000

Hey,

Should there be a way to include other configuration files in a master mrtg
configuration file?

E.g.  I have my cron to run /usr/local/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg.
mrtg.cfg contains some global commands, but then has statements like:
Include: /etc/mrtg/router1.cfg
Include: /etc/mrtg/router2.cfg

That way I can easily add, remove, or temporarily disable monitoring of
routers without having to mangle with one large file.

A possible scenario: I have a router with 10 interfaces that I monitor, but
I'm doing maintenance on it for an hour.  I don't want to stop mrtg from
running, but I also don't want it to have to timeout on 10 interfaces.
Also, I don't want to go in and comment out a bunch of lines in the config.

Dani D. Roisman
droisman at station.sony.com