[mrtg] Still trying to monitor Exchange MTA...

Pierre Journel - Yahoo journel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 20 17:07:26 MEST 2000

Hello,

I've been trying for AGES to monitor the Message Transfer Agents from
my Exchange 5.5 servers but to no avail.

- I tried to use the excellent SNMP4TPC package and documentation but I
was unable to get any MTA info through SNMP.

- I tried to compile the MIB myself using perf2mib and mibcc, and
again, I was unable to get any MTA info through SNMP.

I would like to discuss this matter with someone who tried (and if
possible succeeded!!) to do this king of monitoring through MRTG.

My goal is to be able to graph the Work Queue Length in MRTG and raise
an alarm through Big Brother (using bbmrtg.sh) if the queue gets too
high. Doesn't sound THAT difficult, right??? ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide (documentation, web
demo, etc...).

Pierre.

=====