[mrtg] Addendum: monitoring just one building on FDDI (fwd)

listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Thu Aug 24 22:48:15 MEST 2000

I emailed Cabletron for help and got this response:

"It is my understanding that statistics per FDDI port increment only with
packets passed through the processing engine of the port, not by packets
that are REPEATED by the port.  Thus, you per port packet information
should only indicate information destined to or coming from that port, and
not reflect all traffic on the ring."

If this is so, then why are my all my graphs for the buildings on a given
ring almost identical?  Anyone have any ideas?  does anyone still use FDDI
out there?

TIA
  Justin