[mrtg] Re: I'm starting to feel stupid ...

Max SOUKHOMLINOV m_soukhomlinov at primustel.com.au
Wed Aug 30 04:21:30 MEST 2000

i am having a similar issue, ive narrowed mine down to having appropriate mib files installed and configured for snmp utils to use.

ive tried using UCD-snmp and CMU-snmp, still no luck.

im trying to monitor serevrs (nt/netware,etc) and apart from network stats, i cant get any more out (cpu, users, etc)

anyone have any ideas re this ?

>>> Drew Sanford <drew at planetwe.com> 30/08/2000 1:59:46 AM >>>

I have been trying to set up MRTG to monitor CPU and memory usage (I was
successful in setting it up to monitor network activity) for quite some
time now for all of my FreeBSD boxes. I've tried OID's that I've seen on
the list, and gotten from other sources, and have had no luck. I'm
begining to think it has something to do with the way I'm setting up my
config file. I'm assuming that all of this information can be monitored
using one config file? If so, could someone send an example of a working
config file that would do this? I'm at my witts end, but I know it
works, because I've seen other people's graphs, etc. There is very good
documentation about monitoring network traffic but very little about the
rest of it. THanks.

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator