[mrtg] Re: Untraceable traffic spikes

Isaac Grover isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
Tue Dec 5 20:21:18 MET 2000

Hey everyone,

Apparently I miscommunicated my problem in yesterday's message.  There's multiple reasons
for traffic spikes: network backups, large file transfers, DoS attacks, the list goes on.
But all those situations have an in/out = out/in correlation on the graphs.  My situation
doesn't correlate well.

I've attached two GIFs that represent opposite sides of the same pair of fiber.  This is
what I saw just minutes ago, so I'd appreciate any insight.

Isaac

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-4074

-- Type: image/gif
-- Size: 18k (19372 bytes)

-- Type: image/gif