[mrtg] Re: Excellent MIB link!

Paul Lussier pll at mclinux.com
Wed Dec 6 00:02:27 MET 2000

In a message dated: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:02:50 CST
"Perry, Duane " said:

>I have been to Cisco's site and downloaded some of their mib's but they have
>a .my extension and do not seem to work with Getif.  I have other mibs (with
>a .mib extension) in the Getif mibs directory and they show up in the tree
>but not Cisco's.  I tried changing the extension to .mib but still no luck.
>Is there some step I am missing?

Hmmm, I seem to be missing something.  What I want to do is have mrtg monitor
my Catalyst 4000 switches.  "Out-of-the-box" mrtg recognizes my 7206 router
and running cfgmaker creates a config file that works just fine with that.

I'd like to "automagically" create a config of my Cat4000 switches to merge
into this config file as well.

I read through the faq and thought I understood how to add a config for a
device, but now I'm thinking I don't.

Can someone explain how I'd create a config for a cat4000, or any other device
that mrtg doesn't automatically recognize?

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul