[mrtg] Re: Adding mibs to config file

David.R.Oslager at BakerNet.com David.R.Oslager at BakerNet.com
Mon Dec 11 17:31:21 MET 2000

Here is an example of graphing the CPU utilization (1min & 5Min) of a cisco
router.

Target[xxxxxxxxxxx]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0:xxxxx at 123.456.789.123

use a + between the OIDS if you want to add them together as one object. you
need to have two objects to be graphed. that's just the way MRTG works.

HTH,

Dave O.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul C. Williamson [mailto:pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 10:14 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Adding mibs to config file

Alan, there is no copy in GETIF.  Bummer, it needs to be
implemented.  The OID is the number and the MIB is pseudo-
english representation of the OID.

Just type in the number (2x if you only want to monitor 1 target
on the graph in question), restart mrtg with that cfg and you're
all set.

Paul
>>> Alan Rader <arader at finishlines.com> 12/11/00 11:01AM >>>

Sorry, I think I left something out.  In getif, I see something I want to
monitor with MRTG, so then can I just cut and past that long number into a
mrtg.cfg file and stop and start it to start graphing that?

Thanks

Alan Rader
Finish Line, Inc.
Network Administrator