[mrtg] Re: top 10 utilization graphs

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Tue Dec 12 20:33:53 MET 2000

Thomas,

I have some scripts that were given to me by another listee, I can't
remeber who though.  It does the following:

- scans through the html files in a single directory and picks out
average in and out
- adds them together and sorts them based on percentage
- produces an html page with the top x number of "talkers"
for that time period

I have hacked the scripts to do some other stuff, and I run cron
jobs to produce the following:

Hourly
Top inbound talkers
Top outbound talkers
Top total talkers

Daily
Same as above
but I also move the previous day's rankings to an archive folder
and rename it day+in, day+out, and day+total.

Let me know if you'd like them and I'll p-mail them to you.

Paul

>>> Thomas Silcox <tsilcox at maxlink.com> 12/12/00 02:18PM >>>
I'm using MRTG straight out of the box to monitor IfInOctets and IfOutOctets
for over 300 Cisco routers.

An index page points to each individual router for dwmy graphs.

My boss wants a weekly report on the top 10 routers in terms of peak use and
overall utilization.

Any ideas where I should start?  I really don't want to manually click on
each graph and keep track!!!

I appreciate any advice.

Thomas Silcox
Traffic Engineering Technician