[mrtg] 2.9.5 PID file

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Tue Dec 12 22:07:12 MET 2000

We were running 2.9.5 briefly with redhat linux.  Previously mrtg would
create a pid file, upon startup and we'd use that with our shutdown script to
shutdown mrtg.  Has this changed at all with the newest release?  I found
no pid file.  I've switched back to 2.9.4 in the interim.

Here's how we called mrtg:
 su - mrtg -c "cd /home/mrtg/log; /usr/bin/nohup /usr/local/mrtg/bin/mrtg"

We have it set to run as daemon.  I swapped 2.9.5, with 2.9.4 and changed
nothing about how we called it or configured it.

Thanks
Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-3100 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy at chartermi.net