[mrtg] FW: Re: Help with Solaris cpu and disk mointoring

bob jaques bjaques at planetout.com
Sat Dec 16 00:35:04 MET 2000

  1 does anyone have MRTG config files for sun monitoring of
    disk and cpu utilization ?

  2 what extra mibs do I have to load and how do you load them on solaris
    2.6 running the normal sun snmp daemond ?

  3. What is cricket and is there a web site for it?

thanks
bob

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 05:59:37PM -0800, bob jaques wrote:
> I cannot find a good mail in the archive on how to set up monitoring of
> these sun variables. Evidentally
> Sun's supplied snmpd does not come with its own mib installed. Can anyone
> tell me if its possible
> to load the sun mib or should I switch to the ucd-snmpd.

My two cent say switch to ucd-snmp (it's actually "net-snmp" now).

You can find our configuration-files available at:
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~ragnarkj/download/
(cricket-config and cricket-config.tgz)

Theese are configuration-files for cricket, but you can easily extract
the OIDs and use them with MRTG.

Be aware that
* some OIDs are ucd-snmp specific
* some OIDs are only supported on Solaris
  (diskIO module)
* some OIDs are in modules that are not compiled in
  by default. You need to do
  "./configure --with-mib-modules=host:ucd-snmp:ucd-snmp/diskio"
  (by hart - may be a little off)

--
Ragnar Kjørstad