[mrtg] Strange multiplier problem

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Sun Dec 17 00:03:28 MET 2000

Hi all,

I'm running Linux 6.2 and MRTG 2.9.4.  Recently moved from 2.8.11
and really like some of the improvements.  One thing really strange
is now happening is a side affect of upgrading.  I have a bunch
of targets that I divide by 1.024 to get the correct reading (disk
space on Netware box).  It was working fine in 2.8.11, but it only
sporadically works in 2.9.4.  I wasn't getting the readings to
move down the line if it was a decimal.  I realize MRTG doesn't
like non-integers, but the really strange part is that in some
log files with non-integer numbers, it's working fine.  In others,
however, it's not.  Any suggestions other than these?

1 - upgrade to rrdtool (already working on that)
2 - don't apply the mathmatical operation to the result

Thanks for any advice offered -

Paul