[mrtg] Re: Problem with output

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Dec 21 05:59:41 MET 2000

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Richard Kurth wrote:

> I cannot seem to be able to figure this out When the mrtg.cfg creates
> the html and png files there are a few png files it does not create
> thay are mrtg-l.png mrtg-m.png  mrtg-r.png thay are the ones under the
> <!-- Begin MRTG Block -->

You'll find those in the MRTG distribution in the images/ directory.
Just copy them over to the directory where your graphs are generated,
or if you've specified an IconDir, then there.   These images form
the logo at the bottom of the page.  The .gif versionss have a rotating
"G" in MRTG, kind of cool.

> in the html file. Below is the top lines in my mrtg.cfg file also how
> do configure the contact and location field in heading below.
> Any help would be great!

This is extracted from the monitored host by MRTG.  I'm not sure where
your Linux host would want it, perhaps within /etc/snmp/conf or /var/snmp .
Try the man pages on the monitored host with regard to SNMP.

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323