[mrtg] MRTG: Indexmaker doing InterfaceDescription ???

Christoph WAGNER wagner at grz.at
Thu Dec 28 14:52:00 MET 2000

Hi,

I want to get a web site by using the indexmaker. (with a compact view of
only daily graphs
from each interface).
Each daily graph should have as title the interface description.

Cfgmaker gets this information from the router and the mrtg.cfg-file has
this information. Since
I am no perl programmer I can´t change the indexmaker to use this info. How
can I get the interface
description into the website of the indexmaker???

Part of mrtg.cfg (created by cfgmaker 2.9.4 => "--descint" ):
   <TR><TD>Description:</TD><TD>Serial0/1.25 Connection to Linz </TD></TR>

I found the solution. By upgrading to MRTG 2.9.6 there is an option
within indexmaker "--section=descr" which does exactly what I want.

Thanks to Tobias and his nice MRTG,

Regards,
Chris