[mrtg] Re: Cisco ATM subinterfaces

Paul Lussier pll at mclinux.com
Fri Dec 29 21:45:13 MET 2000

In a message dated: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:20:13 CST
"Roth, Gabrielle" said:

>The weird thing is, I can't get traffic info out of all the sub-ifs on a
>single router.  For some reason the ifInOctets and ifOutOctets for those
>interfaces don't show up when I walk that branch of the MIB.  Still
>investigating that one!

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but it might be enlightening :)

I had a similar problem with logical/sub interfaces on a gig-eth port.  It
turned out that Cisco does not support sub-ifs with their MIBs.  As a result,
mrtg can't walk the MIBs to collect the stats it needs.

It may be that this is completely different from the ATM devices.  I am able
to get all the stats on my sub-ifs on my serial port connecting to my Frame
Relay connections.

HTH,
--
Happy New Year,

Seeya,
Paul
----
	   I'm in shape, my shape just happens to be pear!