[mrtg] Re: Cisco ATM subinterfaces

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Fri Dec 29 21:20:13 MET 2000

Hi Paul,
I was just having the same problem with the archive looking for the same
info.  (Insert creepy music here)  I ended up just paging through and
praying for descriptive subject headers.  Here are a couple of direct links
to relevant postings:
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg06372.html
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg06368.html
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg06366.html
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg06911.html
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg06910.html

If I point cfgmaker at one of my routers with ATM, I get two targets for
each if, one called ATM[if]-aal5_layer and one called ATM[if]-atmsubif.

The weird thing is, I can't get traffic info out of all the sub-ifs on a
single router.  For some reason the ifInOctets and ifOutOctets for those
interfaces don't show up when I walk that branch of the MIB.  Still
investigating that one!

HTH
gabrielle