[mrtg] Re: Cisco ATM subinterfaces

Martin Clifton martin.clifton at vu.edu.au
Fri Dec 29 22:14:20 MET 2000

Hi,

I've found that with Cisco routers (7200, 4700 to be specific) the mib
support for atm subinterfaces has changed depending on the IOS.  The IOS
we're currently running is 12.1(3) and this has the best support yet for the
atm subinterfaces.  The interfaces I use, apart from the main one, are the
aal5-layer interfaces (type 49).
We're not running mrtg any more (a recent convert to Cricket) but you should
be able to modify cfgmaker to do the job.

"Paul C. Williamson" wrote:

> Hi y'all...
>
> Happy New Year to everyone first off...now I feel a little better.
>
> I know this has been asked, but the search facility on the mrtg archives
> has been timing out on me all week.  Anyway, can anyone tell me how
> to get ATM subinterfaces out of a Cisco router?  I can get the main ATM
> card, in my case, ATM4/0.  But I want the individual sub-interfaces (ATM
> 4/0.1, .2, & .3).  Anyone still working this afternoon?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul
>
> --

Regards, Martin