[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Harddrives!!!

Morten S. Nielsen msn at ipt.dtu.dk
Wed Feb 2 11:41:13 MET 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 alain.aube at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	This is more of a functionality question.  I have been trying to monitor
> Hard drives on a HP-UX 10.20 machine using MRTG.  I got the idea after
> checking this web site: http://moria.org/~bvi/utils/mrtg/ , in which Barry
> Irwin did it on FREEBSD.  I downloaded the config file and source code he
> used, however, I can't seem to get it working, I suspect it is because he
> wrote it for FREEBSD, and not for HP-UX.  Is anyone monitoring hard drives on
> HP-UX out there and if you have a little time, could you maile me  the script
> and sample config you are using?  I tried making my own script, but I don't
> know much PERL, and I was very ineffective.  I have pasted my config and the
> script that I downloaded.  Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

on my HP-UX 10.20 and 11.00 the following gives the percent allocated.

df -k /var | grep allocation | awk '{print $1}'

[msn at hp1 ~]$ df -k /var | grep allocation | awk '{print $1}'
26

so
[msn at hp1 ~]$ df -k /var | grep allocation | awk '{print $1 "\n" $1 "\n - \n"}'
26
26
 -

so your target might be:
Target[var]: `df -k /var | grep allocation | '{print $1 "\n" $1 "\n - \n"}'`

NOTE! the character ` is different from '.
In your target down below you use ' instead of ` which is wrong.

Servicepack SR12 for NT. Available at www.linux.org

--    Morten S. Nielsen    mailto:msn at ipt.dtu.dk
--
--  |   Linux - the choice of a GNU generation   |
--  |      Skaane Sjaelland Linux User Group     |