[mrtg] ISDN and PPP monitoring

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Thu Feb 3 22:39:34 MET 2000

Hi all

I have a couple questions that perhaps some people out there can answer.

I need to start monitoring up/down usage on ISDN ports. The devices I
have are Mib-2 compliant. Does the ISDN RFC stipulate that when a port
is in use, ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus are used to indicate this? Or
is ISDN data activity held in a different Mib (if so, is it proprietary
or part of the mib-2 scheme)

Also we have some WAN PPP links we have to check. Is data traffic over a
PPP line held in ifInOctets and ifOutOctets, like standard ethernet, or
is it in a more exotic location?

Thanks for any assistance...

Neil