[mrtg] Re: Multilink PPP

Congdon, Christopher CCongdon at WorkNET.net
Mon Feb 7 15:41:40 MET 2000

I did something like this for an ISDN line. Two lines with one IP. The way I
did it was to just allow cfgmaker to build the .cfg file for the interfaces
on our Cisco 1603. It found BRI0, BRI0/1, BRIO/2, Serial, and Ethernet. I
removed the section for BRI0 (No dataflow is ever shown for this interface
anyways.) I took the line from BRI0/2 (It said something like 3 at 172.31.13.1)
and added it to the line for BRI0/1 (So the line looked like 2 at 172.31.13.1 +
3 at 172.31.13.1) Works great. Just remember to manually set the max bandwidth
for, in your case, it looks like 3.5M (That should be around 437500 bytes)

Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: k o f f [mailto:koff at mimos.my]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2000 8:38 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Multilink PPP

Hi,

Right now, I am using ip address in target definition. Its make my life
happier than using ifIndex. :)
The problem is when I want to monitor link with Multilink PPP, which is two
line with one single IP address. In my case, one is 2 M and the other is
1.5 M .

Is there any other way instead of using ifIndex to monitor this two line ?

Regards,

--koff