[mrtg] MRTG AbsMax & MaxBytes Problems

Kevin Walton kevinw at demon.net
Fri Feb 11 11:15:45 MET 2000

Hi

We use MRTG lots at Demon in the UK, but I have a problem with the above
two config variables.  I want to use them to stop the graph going above a
certan level, even though the returned results could be much higher - so
that we can see the background level without the peaks wipeing it out.

When useing the config snippet shown below, it seems to ignore both of the
variables and plot the real values anyway?

Target[packet_loss.prv-a]: `/usr/local/bin/pingstats.pl Prv-A.games.uk.demon.net loss`
PageTop[packet_loss.prv-a]: <H1>Packet Loss from Admin to Prv-A.Games</H1>
MaxBytes[packet_loss.prv-a]: 100
AbsMax[packet_loss.prv-a]: 100
Title[packet_loss.prv-a]: Packet Loss from Admin to Prv-A.Games
WithPeak[packet_loss.prv-a]: ymw
Options[packet_loss.prv-a]: integer, gauge, nopercent

Is this a bug or a feature? :)

Cheers
Kev

--
Kevin Walton                     Team Leader of Interactive Services
Thus Data Services                                    Demon Internet