[mrtg] Illegal seek

Roddy Strachan roddy at satlink.com.au
Mon Feb 14 03:22:24 MET 2000

Hi,
	Further to my post the other regarding the access-list monitoring,
I have made up some scripts to rsh into the router and grab the relevant
information, it works a treat from the shell, creates a txt file which has
the following :

10
4

meaning the matches for each of the acl's i want to monitor.

WHen i try it through mrtg i get the following :

Could not get any data from external command
'/usr/local/mrtg/configs/router/1900'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (Illegal seek)

Target[cpu]: `/usr/local/mrtg/configs/router/1900`

Thats the command line in the .cfg file, i read somewhere that mrtg needs
to have 3 lines or something like in the script output, not sure though.

ANyone got any ideas?

---
Cheers,

R. Strachan