[mrtg] Re: MRTG hardware specs

Bryan Socha byans at ugo.com
Mon Feb 14 14:51:23 MET 2000

If it has an snmpable stat, you can do something with it, so its a matter of
graphing what is useful to your enviroment (or what looks cool in your noc
(if you have one)).

i'm polling about 500 devices now and I'm not even 1/2 done configuring
it...  Eventually I'm gonna be sending out some setups around the world to
watch my sites from the outside but I haven't started setting that up...:

Currently I'm using NT for most of the items, but I do have specific items
running under linux just because it was easier to set it up then to convert
the scripts.

My biggest words of advice:  It MUST MUST MUST run within its interval (5
minutes), your going to find yourself with multiple config files and running
it several times.

Get yourself a test machine to play with new oids and equipment, nothing
like messing up your stats just because your testing a new mib or device.

My wish list seems to grow faster then what I get setup and working.

Bryan Socha
Network Engineer
UGO Networks, Inc.

Phone: 212-624-3362