[mrtg] Re: snmpwalk

Rob Walker rob at valinux.com
Fri Feb 18 21:04:56 MET 2000

Christopher> What is "snmpwalk" that folks on this list keep talking
Christopher> about?  Several people have suggested that I use snmpwalk

it is an application which sends snmp GET and snmp GET NEXT messages
to a device, until the device returns an error.

Christopher> to find out what OIDs my servers will respond to.  I have
Christopher> searched through all mrtg source, the source of various
Christopher> utilities that mrtg needs, the server upon which the
Christopher> monitoring SNM instance is installed (in other words, the
Christopher> complete package) and even did a web search on
Christopher> "snmpwalk".  In all cases, I came up empty.  The web

This came for us with our snmpd.

What snmp daemon are you using?  Didn't it come with that?

rob