[mrtg] Re: mrtg does not recognize sub interfaces

Unix-Contractor, Wipro (CORP) Wipro.Unix-contractor at GEIND.GE.com
Sun Jan 9 10:40:39 MET 2000

Hi Tim,

	First I would like to thank you for your hint. These targets are
generated by cfgmaker not by myself, then there is a small bug in cfgmaker
not in mrtg code. What I was asking is there any patch for this or we need
to edit the cfg file manually & fix every time.

mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Kennedy [mailto:tim.kennedy at rcn.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2000 11:51 PM
To: Unix-Contractor, Wipro (CORP)
Cc: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [mrtg] mrtg does not recognize sub interfaces

Actually, the perl script only differentiates between what you tell it
to.
Here you are asking it to use the same Target definition "GDN_Bombay3A"
for both interfaces.  THe second one is trying to overwrite the first.
MRTG recognizes that as a possible config error and is warning you to
fix it.
just change them to read "GDN_Bombay3A.eth0" and "GDN_Bombay3A.eth1", or
to a similar naming scheme and you'll be fine.

The reason is that whatever is inside the [] in the Target line, is what
MRTG will try to name the log files and html files and gif files after.
So you're trying to create one set of files that you're trying to
overwrite.

-Tim