[mrtg] Re: IP specific accouting for cisco

Pete Templin templin at urdirect.net
Sun Jan 9 22:38:30 MET 2000

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Grischa Schuering wrote:

> Is there a way I can use mrtg to connect tothe cisco once in a while and get
> source/destination and number of packets into a text file or database ?
>
> I tried cisco_ip_accounting which only gave me the sum of all traffic but
> without any ip related info.

Admittedly, I haven't done anything like this, but mrtg is designed to
extract two sets of data and graph them.  I don't think it's suited as a
general purpose network accounting database engine.

Perhaps a script written to pull that information directly would be more
appropriate.

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr., CCNA
Systems and Networks Administrator

On-Line Internet Services - URDirect.net
A division of Global On-Line Computers
2414 Babcock Rd. Suite 106		templin at urdirect.net
San Antonio, TX 78229			(210)692-9911