[mrtg] Re: IP specific accouting for cisco

John McKay jfmckay at monroe.net
Sun Jan 9 23:16:10 MET 2000

perhaps if you could be more specific... are you looking at a cisco access
server... as5200 or 5300 and such, or something else?  in the access server,
the number of packets are kept for a connection, but you won't know when the
session really ended, and a new session established on that connection,
resetting counters.  you can come close, but it won't be accurate.  also the
destination address will be unknown, only the source if ppp, as the
destination is being routed. if something else you are trying to do, provide
more informations.