[mrtg] Re: bytes to bits for NT

Kleiman Schwarzstein, Sergio skleiman at scanda.com.mx
Tue Jan 11 16:23:01 MET 2000

Hi!

If you just want to graph bits instead of bytes, use:

Options[...]: bits

If you want the Max speed displayed as bits, you can change them
manually or you might change the cfgmaker so that when you run it, it
displays bits. In version 2.8.8 arround line 366 you'll find:

my $index;
  foreach $index ( sort { $a <=> $b } keys %sifdesc) {
    my $c;
    my $speed = int($sifspeed{$index} / 8);
    my $speed_str=&fmi($speed * 8);    # ADD THE * 8 SO THAT BYTES
ARE PRINTED AS BITS.
    my $name="$iphost{$index}";

Add the multiplication by 8 so that bytes are printed as bits on the
Max Speed html heading.

>From: "Stieers, Ken" <KStieers at dainrauscher.com>
>Subject: [mrtg] Re: bytes to bits for NT
>Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 06:43:02 -0600
>
>Look in the config.html file for the Options[] directive.
>
>Ken
>P.S.  You might want to read the whole file, and others in the /doc
>directory.....

Regards,
Sergio Kleiman          INSTER de Monterrey
Ing. de Soporte         +52 (8) 335-5400 x. 1250
skleiman at scanda.com.mx  http://www.scanda.com.mx