[mrtg] Shifting Max, Average, and Current Units

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Mon Jan 17 15:41:13 MET 2000

Is there a way to control when MRTG shifts to the next higher unit in the
table below each graph?

Currently, I'm using MRTG 2.7.2 to monitor network traffic.  I use two
frames to display the network traffic.  The left frame contains a list of
circuits or routers that can be selected.  The right frame is used to
display the selected report.

MRTG does not shift from b/s to kb/s or from kb/s to Mb/s until the value of
the smaller unit exceeds 9999.9 units.  Due to limited horizontal display
width this results, at times, in a confusing display as some entries are
displayed on multiple lines.

I would like to have the values shift to the next higher unit when when the
current base exceeds 999.9 units, i.e. I would prefer to see 9.99 kb/s being
reported instead of 9978.9 b/s.

I would prefer not disabling the percent of circuit utilization as this is
meaningful to some of the managers that view the graphs.

Merton Campbell Crockett