[mrtg] Xedia Accesspoint 1000 Monitoring?

Brian scorp at tmlp.com
Fri Jan 21 18:17:23 MET 2000

Hello Everyone,

    I am new to this list as of yesterday. We use MRTG to monitor our Xedia
Accesspoint 1000 box here on our Fiber Optic ring. I was wondering if anyone
outh there knows how to possibly combine our graphs. As of now this is how
things work.

MAIN_BOX
    -CBQ1  (Customer to us Traffic)
            -Customer 1
            -Customer 2
            -Customer 3
    -CBQ2  (From us to Customer Traffic)
            -Customer 1
            -Customer 2
            -Customer 3

Now MRTG is currently dumping the HTML and images into directory on our
webserver in an example like this.

Webroot/Fiber_Customers/Traffic.Class.Name/

So say I have a customer on the cbq class named "Bob".

All of his data would be stored inside of....

Webroot/Fiber_Customers/Bob/

And his files are named...

cbq.1.bob.html
cbq.2.bob.html
cbq.1.bob-day.gif
cbq.1.bob-week.gif
cbq.1.bob-month.gif
cbq.1.bob-year.gif
cbq.2.bob-day.gif
cbq.2.bob-week.gif
cbq.2.bob-month.gif
cbq.2.bob-year.gif
cbq.1.bob.log
cbq.2.bob.old

Any file with cbq.1 in it represents the bandwidth coming OUT of their
location, and any file with a cbq.2 in it repreents the bandwidth going INTO
their location.

I'd like to be able to not only keep these files, but also SOMEHOW create
another mrtg.cfg file that could place information for both incoming AND
outgoing bandwidth on the same htmls and gifs. That way we could present to
our customers all the information on one page, then if they'd like they can
view the seperate flows also.

Just to toss in something that will probably scare most of you away, it's an
NT enviroment. Thanks for anything you guys and girls can do. Also any tips
on RRDTool would be awesome on finding a good log2rrd convertor.

Brian Day
TMLP Online
scorp at tmlp.com