[mrtg] Re: Loading MIBs with UCD-SNMPD for linux

Niels Baggesen Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk
Sun Jan 23 14:12:17 MET 2000

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 20:45:51 -0800, Jessie Bryan wrote:
> Im trying to load the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt file to monitor various
> objects. I used the LoadMIBs: to load the MIBs (even the IMPORTS) but
> still can't get anything to work.. 'noSuchName'. Do I need to setup any
> config with the UCD SNMP daemon on the linux box? If so, how would I do
> it. HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt comes with UCD Snmp, so I figured that It would
> already be loading it. Any help/advice would be great...thanks in advance!

It would be a lot easier to answer if you gave the exact error message. Now
we have to guess whether the problem is in your MRTG setup or in your
UCD-SNMP setup.

Did you compile UCD-SNMP yourself? In that case you must remember the
configure option --with-mib-modules=host.

Does it work when you use snmpget against the agent? If not, then you
must look at your snmpd.conf access control directives.

Finally it could be a bad OID entered in your mrtg.cfg

Btw, what OS, and what UCD-SNMP version?

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk - Tel: +45 8937 6669 - Fax: +45 8937 6677