[mrtg] Re: Loading MIBs with UCD-SNMPD for linux

Jim Bradbury jim at bradbury.org
Sun Jan 23 15:27:49 MET 2000

Jessie,

You need to configure the daemon in the snmpd.conf file.
There is a good man page for this.  Try
man   snmpd.conf

If you haven't used 'locate' or if you've installed software recently
do a 'su -c updatedb' and enter root password to update the locate database.
Then do 'locate snmpd.conf' .  This should show you where the config file
is located.
On my system it is /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

Also check out the FAQs at:
http://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/FAQ.html