[mrtg] Log files keep getting corrupted!

Dan Wentzel danw at bas.army.mil
Sun Jan 23 20:59:41 MET 2000

Hello again,

	I'm running MRTG-2.5.1 (yeah, I know it's old, but I'm on a private network and I'm
not allowed to just go grab whatever I need/want from the Internet.  I have to ASK *real* nice).

	Anyway, some of my log files keep getting corrupted.  I look at them and try and fix
them, but they are really whacked....  I can post some if you want.  What's the point of
monitoring if it's going to die and have to start over every two weeks?

	Is this a known problem with version 2.5.1?  Can I use this to convince the powers
that control my life to upgrade (*gasp*) to 2.8.11?

	I'm running on a Sparc20, Solaris 2.6, monitoring about a dozen routers.

Dan