[mrtg] Ranges on a graph

Pickard James R TSgt HQ AFWA/SCHS James.Pickard at afwa.af.mil
Tue Jan 25 16:34:05 MET 2000

Hello everyone,

My question is:

Can the value MRTG uses to create the range of a graph be hard set?

In other words, MRTG creates the graphs with a range based on the amount of
bandwidth being used.  For example, Below is an snapshot of a 100Mb
connection on our network with an average utilization of about 10%.  Notice
the graph scales itself back to only show a max of 40Mb per second.

 day <http://nm-203/mrtg/graphs/aur/131.7.225.1.1-day.gif>
How can I hard-code it to always show a graph using a range of 0-100Mb.  I
realize why it scales itself back.  I know that if I have a 100Mb connection
with a average utilization of lets say only 1%, it will hardly show up on
the graph.  But it has been requested of me to do this, so I'm seeing if it
is possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,  by the way I am using MRTG
2.8.8 on NT 4.0.

James R. Pickard, TSgt, USAF
Lead, Network Administrator for Agency Control
Air Force Weather Agency
106 Peacekeeper Dr Suite 2N3
Offutt AFB, NE 68113
comm: 402-294-3050