[mrtg] Re: Sub Interfaces in Linux?

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Thu Jan 27 19:56:02 MET 2000

I don't believe this is possible using standard mib-2.. a sub interface
is just a virtual connection, using a physical port. The physical port
ifInOctet/ifOutOctet will be a summation of all the sub interfaces
configured on it.

Unless there is a special mib sort of like the DTE mib for Frame Relay
subinterfacing I think you're stuck....

Neil