[mrtg] Problem with mrtg and Solaris 7

MarioJuerling at bwb.org MarioJuerling at bwb.org
Thu Jul 6 10:44:27 MEST 2000

i have installed mrtg (2.8.12) on our Network, but it doesn't work correct.
The Graph Section is
ok and it updates the pngs every 5 min. The Text Section under the pics
does nothing and the rateup
makes an error all time and spams my postbox full with this message :

--- error messages beginn ---
PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 11
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'swmain1.1'
 code was 139, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
 you should probably investigate the cause. :-) (i smile too :-) )
--- error messages end ---

this messages come for all ports of all my switches (1 Xylan omni S/R and 15 omnistacks).
i think it can't become a value of 0 because it makes the png files correct and in the log files
are values all times. in the html code it writes at the top of the code
the following lines

--- beginn html code ---
<!-- maxin d 0 -->
<!-- maxout d 0 -->
<!-- avin d 0 -->
--- end html code ---

so it gets a vallue of 0 (or not ???).
when i put the cfg file on a linux computer (debian 2.2 with an mrtg deb-package) it works correct. so where did
i do the error ? on the solaris machine i must compile the code myself and it writes three little warnings

--- warning beginn ---
bash-2.03# make
LD_RUN_PATH= gcc -g -O2 -DGFORM_GD=gdImagePng -Wall -pedantic src/rateup.c -lgd -lm -lpng -lz -lm -o run/rateup
src/rateup.c: In function `diff':
src/rateup.c:732: warning: subscript has type `char'
src/rateup.c:734: warning: subscript has type `char'
src/rateup.c:761: warning: subscript has type `char'
/usr/bin/perl -0777 -pi -e 's@^#!\s*/\S*perl@#! /usr/bin/perl@' run/cfgmaker run/cfgmaker_ip run/indexmaker run/mrtg
/usr/bin/perl -0777 -pi -e 's@\.(png|gif)@.png at g' run/mrtg run/indexmaker*
bash-2.03#
--- warning end ---

is this my error ???. is my compiler to old (its the gcc 2.95.1) ???.
can anybody help me or give me an adress where i can look was the code 139 is. in the docs and on all webpages
 i found about mrtg i can't find something about this problem.

thanks for help
Mario Juerling

Oberfeldwebel und Netzwerkadministrator

Fuehrungsakademie der Bundeswehr - ZFGO - FzPlUeb

Manteuffelstrasse 20

22585 Hamburg

Tel: 040 / 8667 - 2359

AllgFspWnBw: 7921 - 2359