[mrtg] MRTG Installation on NT 4 SP6 system

DuVall, Jeff jduvall at paraport.com
Mon Jul 10 22:40:49 MEST 2000

I've installed SNMP according to the instructions found on the SNMP4TPC web
site on my target machine.  I am able query the MIB's locally using
snmputil.exe and have been able to connect to my target machine with GETIF.
But when I attempt to run cfgmaker from my monitoring station I get the
following error:

C:\mrtg-2.8.12\run>perl cfgmaker public at 192.168.2.13 > mrtg.cfg
SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName
  index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0)
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "192.168.2.13" [192.168.2.13].161
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 362744469
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr sysContact sysName sysLocation ifNumber
sysObjectID
 on public at 192.168.2.13
a resolution for this issue on Windows NT 4.  Any assistance that can be
provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff DuVall