[mrtg] OID problem resolved

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Tue Jul 11 15:16:07 MEST 2000

Thanks to all who helped.  I had to insert the leading 1.3.6.1.2.1 (no "." at the beginning) and it is now working.  The strange thing is I tried the Novell OID (Object Information Database - the numerical representation of the MIB, correct?) and I didn't have any luck.  I then tried the "MIB-2" path, and it worked properly.  Should I expect to be able to get the OID for Novell specific information to work correctly?  If so, and I have the correct MIBs loaded on the Netware server, how do I tell MRTG to interpret these values?  Thanks specifically go out to

"John Hoffman" <john.hoffman at za.pwcglobal.com>
"Adam Stanley" <astanley at pinn.net>
"Garth K. Williams" <garth.williams at home.com>
"Rolen, Mark E." <MERolen at APACMail.com>

who all pointed me in the correct direction.  I learn something from this list every day, and I am constantly amazed at the willingness of total strangers to help each other out.  When I get through the red tape at my company, I will be thanking Tobi (via his wish list) for creating such an awesome tool for graphing any kind of data I have ever come across needing to track.

Paul