[mrtg] AW: FW: some questions

Hahn, Michael {GY-O~Mannheim} MICHAEL.HAHN at roche.com
Tue Jul 11 17:45:39 MEST 2000

now some answers to my questions and whats left of them:
1.) still there:
i set maxbytes and absmax to 500000000 and the lines still there

2.) solved it:
i copied perl.exe to mrgtperl.exe
i made a batch calling mrtgperl.exe with mrgt and cfg
i made a batch with a "kill mrgtperl" command
i used at to kill mrgtperl every hour
... thats a kind of quick and dirty, but it work somehow ;-)

3.) partly solved:
i will have to rtfm in future... it says: mrtg = only integer values ;-)
so i will have to use rrdtool some day

4.) partly solved:
got rrdtool installed now, but i question left:
is there a tool for making rrdtool graphs on a timed base linke mrtg does without rrdtool? i dont like to use a cgi-based graphing...

tnx for the help
michael