[mrtg] Re: Okay, Here is a question from an NT admin..

Henry Steinhauer h1steinh at hewitt.com
Wed Jul 12 22:31:10 MEST 2000

Ken -

I changed your type of script just a little.

I found that by putting SLEEP 2 inbetween each of the starts, that it ran
better.

Something about all those tasks starting at once and NT trying to do that seemed
to cause problems.

When I added the SLEEP 2 it took the paging way down as well as helped them get
through the system .

And YES - to all those that wonder why you have the Start command with it going
away each time.  There is a memory leak in PERL that a long running task and NT
with PERL just do not play well in the same pool.  Having them start and stop
cleaned that up for me.

Henry Steinhauer