[mrtg] Rateup died from Signal 9

Pickard James R MSgt HQ AFWA/SCHS James.Pickard at afwa.af.mil
Tue Jul 18 14:00:23 MEST 2000

To all,

I have been running MRTG on NT for some time now but am attempting to port
it over to UNIX (Solaris 2.6).  I have downloaded all the appropriate
libraries and compilers and have them installed.  I compiled mrtg and
everything seemed to go OK.  However when I try to run it I get the
following error:

**************

ld.so.1: .//rateup: fatal: libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or
directory

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
  with Exit value 0 when doing router xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  code was 9, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
  you should probably investigate the cause.  :-)

**************

Does anyone know what this means.  Also lets assume I get this working, can
I take all my config files, graphs and log files off of my NT box and use
them on Unix, or will have to rebuild all of them?

Thanks for your help.

James R. Pickard, MSgt, USAF
Lead, Network Administrator for Agency Control
Air Force Weather Agency
106 Peacekeeper Dr Suite 2N3
Offutt AFB, NE 68113
comm: 402-294-3050