[mrtg] Monitoring Server Interface

Thu Jul 20 09:54:48 MEST 2000

Greetings from Nepal!

I have been using MRTG to monitor traffic on all my CISCO routers and PMs
for nearly a year and it has performed flawlessly.
My sincere gratitude to the developers of MRTG.

Currently I am using 2.8.12 and finding out ways to monitor Server ( NT &
Linux/Unix boxes ) interfaces. I searched the "contrib" folder but could
not locate the appropriate .cfg or .pl files to perform the task.
Actually I would want to simply monitor IN/OUT traffic from the server
NIC.
I would be grateful if someone could guide me on what is necessary to be
done on the Server-side (the one I want to monitor).
When I do "cfgmaker public at server >server.cfg" I get a near empty file.

Maybe I require an external gatherer like for the PMs.

Thanks in advance...

Rgds,

\\Ritesh