[mrtg] Legend colors

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Thu Jul 20 21:14:36 MEST 2000

Hello,

Someone on the list asked about being able to prevent the Legends from appearing at the botom of the page.  For some of my pages, commenting them out did the trick.  When I went back to look at others, the legends appeared.  I did some thinking, and rather than not display them, I made the legend colour (sic) the same as the background.  Now the only way to see the legend is to highlight that specific area of the page to get it to display.  Cool!  I like simple solutions.

Here's the line I used for the cfg file:

Colours[target]: GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#1000ff,WHITE#ffffff,WHITE#ffffff
Legend1[target]: Average Error rate
Legend2[target]: &nbsp
Legend3[target]: &nbsp
Legend4[target]: &nbsp

The strange thing is that the BLUE does not show up, but the Legend3 WHITE is present (you can't see it on the particular page because the background is white also).  Very weird...

Paul