[mrtg] Re: Plotting ICMP

Philip J. Koenig pjklist at ekahuna.com
Sun Jul 23 09:33:36 MEST 2000

Well now that it's working, I find that icmp.icmpInMsgs and
icmp.icmpInEchos only log ICMP messages *specifically directed to an
interface on that router*.

Sigh.  That seems pretty un-useful.  I guess there's no mandatory OID
that tracks ALL icmp passed by a router or a specific interface?
(I tested this on a cisco and it did the same thing)

I know there's nothing else in the Livingston MIB, does Cisco have a
MIB with a custom OID for something like that?

(I don't know how long it's going to take for me to wade through
Cisco's MIB files.. dang there's a lot of 'em...)

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist at ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium