[mrtg] graph updates and frames

bpack at vsat.net bpack at vsat.net
Wed Jul 26 00:24:48 MEST 2000

Hello,
I'm using mrtg in a web page using frames to link to the pages and graphs.
Unfortunately with netscape this is not refreshing correctly. In the MRTG
pages it says to add WriteExpire: yes to the mrtg.cfg so I did. In the
Apache software (FreeBSD version, apache 1.3.6 with raven.)

MetaDir is set to .
MetaSuffix is set to .meta

The date on the .meta files looks as if it is updating and the source of the
page to update looks like it's updating:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT=300 Colours[]:
GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#000000,DARK GREEN#006600,VIOLET#ff00ff >
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:38:18 GMT">

But when the clock on the server (set to PDT but it still should read the
GMT, right?) hits the time the frames page updates the time in text but not
the graph. If I have the page open without frames nothing seems to update at
all.  This is Netscape 4.7 on Mac OS9.

IE5 on Win 95 and Mac OS seem to update fine. (could it be that microsoft
actually did something right? Please don't say it's so!).

Thanks,
Beckie
http://www.ina.net/jre/jbpack - login - 1930909, pass - ebiz